Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ethan's First Art Project


This morning I took Ethan to Precious Prints in Franklin to have his hand and footprints pressed into a ceramic plate.  This is something I've been meaning to do ever since I saw one at the pediatrician's office.  Mary and Bob were great with Ethan and got some good prints from him.  I definitely recommend going here if you're looking for print wall hangings, stepping stones, or ornaments.  My job was to hold him (and keep his non-pressed hand and foot out of the clay).  Ethan seemed interested in what was happening but wasn't too sure about the cold, squishy clay while his hand and foot were in it.  Afterwards, however, it was smiles and giggles all around!



His prints look amazing in the clay -- Ethan's feet really are big!  I can't wait to see the finished product in a couple of weeks.  It has to dry and then be glazed and fired before we pick it up.  I also look forward to seeing Ethan try to fit his hand back in the little print when he gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment