Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CSA, Week 5


This week's CSA included:
  • carrots
  • 2 zucchini
  • 4 baby squash
  • 3 cucumbers
  • onion
  • Yukina Savoy
  • Bok Choy
  • green beans
  • English peas
  • beets
  • strawberries (in the fruitlovers share)
I'm a little bit glad we didn't get lettuce this time, because even though Doe Run Farm's lettuces taste great -- I still have to use up the lettuce from last week!  This looks like a fun box to try to use up, though!  Too bad the canning class hasn't happened yet or I would try to make pickles from those cucumbers (they are the bumpy, perfect-for-pickles type of cukes).

Also, the article on the Doe Run Farm CSA came out on Tuesday in the Williamson AM section of The Tennessean.  There was a short quote from me in it and a photo of me on the back page of the paper.  The photo didn't make it to the online version of the story, which is a same because it was a pretty nice photo of me getting my box of veggies and strawberries.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment