Sunday, April 10, 2011

Experimental Biology

Yesterday, I had to leave my boys at home to head out to Washington, DC for a talk at Experimental Biology 2011.  The ASIP (American Society for Investigative Pathology) had asked me to talk on presenting posters for their career development lunch.  I'd given this talk at the NIH many times before, but to a younger audience of postbacs or summer interns making their first posters.  So, while my former boss had told me I could use our NIH slides for the talk, I still needed to change them to fit into a talk for a more advanced audience and to change it to be more about talking about a scientific poster (as opposed to designing the poster).  I think the talk went well, though...and hopefully I've given the trainees some good advice that they will use, either at this conference or in the future.

I had fun giving the talk and meeting new people for the short time I was at the meeting but it was hard to be away from Ethan for 24 hours!  Saturday night in my hotel room, it was so quiet and there was nothing I needed to do.  I used to love that feeling when I was traveling but Last night I just missed Cayne and Ethan.  I especially missed my baby cuddles and smiles!  Luckily, I'm making up for them tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment