Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Color for the Nursery??

The nursery is really starting to take shape now that we have gotten some furniture set up. It is a work in progress but I feel good about the fact that we have something in Little Bit's room. Dad put together the crib for us...it is a used crib and a couple bolts were missing from the package that we needed him to reconstruct using the existing bolts as a guide since they don't sell the exact same type at the hardware store. The pack n play will move into either our bedroom or downstairs but everything else will stay in the nursery. We still need to get a chair, a ceiling fan, some wall shelves and a bookshelf for the room.

Another thing we need is some sort of wall decoration and Cayne and I have a difference of opinion on this one. He wants to leave the walls the off-white color they are now and just add some decoration. Cayne would like to paint a tree or some NZ plants on the wall to add some color. I think that is a great idea, but I also think the nursery walls should be painted something other than white. My thought is to paint the walls a soft yellow and then add decorations on top of that color. Let us know what you think!!

Little Bit will have a pretty good-sized closet as well. Here are the clothes that we've received as gifts from friends. Thanks to everyone's great taste in cute clothes, I think he will be a well-dressed little boy and I also think it's about time for us to go shopping for some additional clothes for him. I'm getting scared by the number of outfits I hear a baby can go through in one day!

All said, we feel pretty ready for Little Bit to make his appearance (we have 31 days before he is due). I think we have most of the essentials and the rest should be just details.

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie and I both vote for yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've talked Cayne into it -- no one said "don't paint"!! :)

    ReplyDelete