Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Two Offices

I work at home, in a 650 Sq Ft apartment. This can be a little cramped, but getting out of bed at 7:30 and starting work at 8 surely beats a commute through city traffic!

This week we finally got our circuit box replaced, which was necessary in order for our air conditioning to be fixed. Don't ask. Suffice to say I wasn't able to work without electricity for 5 hours. So what to do? I went to a local cafe, about 1 block away. I have to admit that after spending 3 hours working there I'm hooked! Working from home reduces contact with people, a lot, and there was something intensely enjoyable about working amongst a group of strangers. I have decided to try and make it a weekly ritual, 1 or 2 hours per week in the local cafe.

In other news we finally upgraded to a blue-ray player. We got the Samsung BD-P3600 which quite frankly is awesome! I'm hooked on Pandora again, and the Netflix streaming has worked flawlessly. 4.5 out of 5. If the buttons on the machine were not on top, but on the front of the unit, it would get a 4.9 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment