Wednesday, July 28, 2010

28 Weeks Update

I had my rescheduled 28-week midwife appointment yesterday (the power was out at their office on Monday too). Everything is looking good with Little Bit. His heartbeat is as cute as ever and he is moving constantly it seems. I found out that I don't have gestational diabetes and don't have to do the 3-hour screening -- I'm very, very happy about both of those. I also don't have anemia so I don't have to take iron supplements -- I guess I eat plenty of meat or maybe it's the peanut butter sandwiches I keep craving.

I've still been feeling fine as I start the third trimester, with no major complaints and not too many pregnancy symptoms. In fact, I joke with Cayne that one of my male co-workers has been complaining about having more of the standard "pregnancy symptoms" since I've been pregnant than I have! I hope this lasts! A few things I have noticed that are starting to happen include: some acid reflux at night (I guess I should go buy some Tums soon), leg cramps on some nights and restless legs on other nights, and lots of snoring. Everything seems to happen at night, which of course affects my sleep and makes me tired during the day. I suppose I should get used to limited sleep at this point! My biggest cravings have been for bananas, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, burgers, Kraft macaroni and cheese, and Dairy Queen Blizzards. The only foods I haven't been able to eat are onions and shrimp (I don't even like the smell of shrimp anymore).

We've finally made ourselves a baby registry so that we can feel like we've made progress toward putting a nursery together. At least now we have a better idea of the things we want to get for Little Bit. We've also registered for a childbirth class to start August 16th so we'll learn a little more about what's in store for us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment