Thursday, May 7, 2009

Golf

I had an interesting time attepting to play golf last weekened. I'm just learning, this was my fourth round of golf...ever. I haven't even tried to hit a ball in at least 5 months, so was happy that I could practice for 30 mins before teeing off. I suprised myself, practice went great! And then the golf started...

So why was I there? A friend had ask me to go with him to play golf for an afternoon, but neglected to tell me it was the 26th hardest golf course in America. Next time I will ask more questions, but I digress...

It turns out that even average golfers struggle on this course. Given the difficulty of the course, I did really well. There were 5 or 6 holes out of the 18 that we played which I ended up going more than twice over par on (I picked up once I had made 8 shots, to keep up). Still, I managed 4 on a par 3. The green was tiny and competely surrounded by a lot of water (it was an island), so it was remarkable that I actually hit it :). Other than that, I seemed to get around 3 to 5 over par on most holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment